UNIVERSITY OF BALTIMORE SCHOOL OF LAW’S
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CLINIC
& COMMUNITY LAW CENTER PRESENT:
Free Legal Consultations & Advice for Nonprofits!
FREE LEGAL HELP FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS & NONPROFITS
Saturday, October 3, 2015
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Angelos Law Center
1401 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Call or email to schedule a 45-minute appointment.
Walk-ins are welcome, but we cannot guaran tee assistance without an appointment.
- Opportunity to speak with an attorney about nonprofit’s legal issues
- Free review of governing documents
- Guidance on applying for 501(c)(3) tax exemption
- Advice on how to keep an organization in good legal standing
Community Law Center will waive one (1) application fee for qualified organizations needing legal services beyond the event. Organizations must submit their applications no later than November 3, 2015 to qualify for the fee waiver.
Please bring the following, if available:
- Any documents related to your legal issues or questions
- Names and addresses of board of directors
- Articles of incorporation, bylaws
- IRS applications and/or determination letters
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Contracts, correspondence, or notices related to legal issue(s)
Read all about it! A recent Baltimore sun article features the UB Tax Clinic, its director Jack Snyder, and UB law student Stacey Morris, titled “Social Justice: Changing Minds and Communities” and available at http://marketplace.baltimoresun.com/marketwide-md/special-section/education/09-06-2015#.